Computer System Requirements
Studio One® is a modern, cross-platform DAW that is capable of operating as 64-bit application. While we make every effort to ensure Studio One will run well on the widest variety of computers possible, please read these specifications carefully to determine compatibility with your system.
- macOS® 10.11 or higher (64-bit only)
- Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor
(Intel Core i3 or better recommended)
- Windows 7 (SP1 + platform update), Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 (64-bit only)
- Intel Core Duo or AMD® Athlon™ X2 processor (Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon X4 or better recommended) Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD® Athlon™ X2 processor
(Intel Core i3 or AMD Athlon X4 or better recommended)
Mac and Windows systems
- 4 GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended)
- Internet connection (needed for installation and activation)
- Monitor with 1366 x 768 resolution (high-dpi monitor recommended)
- A multi-touch-enabled monitor with TUIO support is required for touch operation
- 40 GB hard-drive space
Studio One Remote for iPad®
- iPad Pro®, iPad 2, iPad mini®, and newer models
- iOS 8 or later
Studio One Remote for Windows
- Compatible with Microsoft Surface 3 (and higher) and Surface Pro 2 (and higher)
- Windows 8.1, Windows 10, or later (Windows RT not supported)
- 2 GB RAM minimum (4 GB RAM or more recommended). Tablet must be x86-compatible (not ARM-based).
VST is a registered trademark of Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
ASIO is a trademark and software of Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Studio One Help and the Studio One Reference Manual should answer your questions in most cases. Both are context sensitive: Simply hit F1 within Studio One, and help that corresponds to the area of the application that is currently in focus should appear onscreen.
If you need additional assistance:
You can also file a support ticket from the link found on the Knowledge Base or from within your My.PreSonus account.
Third-party Training Resources
Studio One Expert
Studio One Expert is part of the Production Expert Community and offers independent Studio One news, tips, tricks, and more.
Groove3’s tutorial videos are available at groove3.com. These in-depth videos will get you up and running quickly with Studio One. Groove3 also hosts videos about a multitude of other audio programs and techniques that you may find useful. If you’re interested in Studio One and in digital recording techniques in general, Groove3 is a superb choice. The videos are inexpensive and can be streamed from anywhere. Physical copies can be purchased as well.
Home Studio Trainer
A great source for learning studio tips and tricks. All examples and videos are done with Studio One.
AskVideo is an online education community for Windows and Mac users, offering training on the world's leading creative software and applications. Try out their great in-depth training for Studio One.
Exchange is the official community hub for sharing user-created content for Studio One.
PreSonus Studio One Forum
The PreSonus Forums host plenty of community interaction for Studio One. Get involved!
If Studio One training one-on-one, with a real human, is what you require, there are few better resources than Obedia.com. We have partnered with Obedia to provide Studio One training from the beginner to advanced level.
Unofficial Studio One Facebook Group
Interact with other Studio One users on Facebook.