Don’t kill that mouse—give it a companion.
Although a keyboard and mouse are tried-and-true DAW-control devices, they’re far more effective when used in tandem with the FaderPort™ 16’s precise tactile control over mix and automation functions. A superior solution for anyone who mixes in the box, only the FaderPort 16 provides 16 100 mm touch-sensitive, motorized faders and 89 buttons covering 104 different functions, all in a compact chassis that easily sits on any desk. Quickly zoom in on audio files for editing, modify plug-in parameters, manage aux mixes—and, of course, control track levels with the touch of a finger. With the FaderPort 16, you’ll enjoy the fastest, most efficient workflow you’ve ever experienced.
Work faster and smarter.
Rather than forcing you to revise your mixing method, the FaderPort 16 augments the way you currently mix. You still use your faithful keyboard and mouse for things they do well, and the FaderPort 16 handles what you really want to get your fingers on: your mix. Having the ability to control the levels of 16 channels at once makes creating the perfect mix easier than ever before. And the FaderPort 16 allows you to view just the information you need to access. Sixteen digital scribble strips provide visual feedback. Quickly navigate between tracks and buses. Need to automate your virtual instruments? The FaderPort 16 lets you view just those tracks, making switching automation tasks a breeze. This is DAW control the way you always hoped it could be!
One-button access to key functions.*
The FaderPort 16's unique Session Navigator provides easy access to eight mission-critical functions for maximum flexibility. Use the large encoder button and companion buttons to edit and mix with greater efficiency and speed. Scroll through your timeline, using the encoder, or work measure by measure with the arrow buttons; zoom in and out on the timeline with the encoder and make your tracks larger or smaller with the arrow buttons; navigate and drop markers; and maintain constant control of your main level. Once you start using the Session Navigator, you’ll wonder how you mixed without it.
*Features may vary depending on your software.
You’ll find countless ways to take advantage of the FaderPort 16’s Session Navigator. This unique and flexible control lets you edit and mix your tracks with far greater efficiency and speed:
- Navigate quickly through your tracks using the encoder, or one at a time with the arrow buttons
- Zoom in and out using the encoder to make edits. Need to make your tracks bigger or smaller? Tap the arrow buttons!
- Scroll through your timeline, using the encoder, or work measure by measure with the arrow buttons
- Bank through tracks quickly with the encoder or one bank at a time with the arrow buttons
- Turn on the click track
- Open the marker track and navigate markers using the encoder or the arrow buttons, and drop a marker by pressing the encoder
- Navigate quickly through sections in the Arranger track in Studio One or through Events with DAWs that support Mackie Control/HUI
- Maintain constant control over your master fader
Universal compatibility and tight Studio One® integration.
FaderPort 16’s streamlined workflow and support for the Mackie Control and HUI protocols make it fast and easy to control virtually any DAW. No driver installation is necessary; just plug the control surface into a USB port and take command of your mix and plug-ins.
But the FaderPort 16 is downright magical when used with PreSonus Studio One. (Studio One Artist is included.) You’ll be amazed how much faster you can work.
FaderPort 16’s support for the Mackie Control and HUI protocols make it compatible with virtually any DAW software. It offers customized Mackie Control modes for Logic, Cubase, and Sonar, and native support for popular applications is being added all the time. And when used with PreSonus’ award-winning Studio One, the FaderPort 16 is a revelation, letting you do things like:
- Bypass all the plug-ins on any given track with the push of a button
- Open the Channel Editor and enable your faders to control each channel's custom macro
- With the Link Parameter, the Pan/Param encoder can follow your mouse, providing instant hands-on control of any parameter—or lock the encoder to the current parameter
- Use the Session Navigator to quickly scroll through the different sections in the Arranger track
An amazingly fast, efficient studio workflow awaits you!
With the compact, easy-to-use FaderPort 16, you’ll enjoy the fastest, most efficient workflow and the most session control you’ve ever experienced. But don’t just take our word for it; visit your favorite PreSonus dealer and try the FaderPort 16 for yourself!