Traditional Notation or Tablature – Fast and Easy
- Easily compose, play back, and edit music
- Perform scores using Notion as a live instrument and save your performance
- Create a score on a Mac®, Windows® computer or tablet, and continue to edit on iPad® or iPhone® and vice versa
- Interactive Entry Tools: Keyboard, Fretboard, Drum Pad, Chord Library (including custom chords)
- Cross-platform handwriting recognition, powered by MyScript™ for written entry
- Sequencer overlay to see notation and MIDI data on the same staff
- Windows touchscreen support… just use your finger or stylus and tap
- Work with Notion in your native language with options for Simplified Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, and Spanish
Create and Perform with Unmatched Sound Quality
- Best playback of any notation product, with samples recorded by the London Symphony Orchestra, Roy and Victor Wooten, Neil Zaza, Soundiron, and others.
- Full guitar and bass articulations in playback
- Custom rules editor for instrument specific articulations
- Increase your sonic palette with additional expansion sounds from PreSonus or your favorite VST Instruments and libraries.
- Process audio with included PreSonus® Native Effects Limiter, Compressor, and Pro EQ plug-ins or other VST plug-ins.
- Mix with a DAW-style console with up to 8 individual buses
- Live performance options include play, tap, vamp, repeat, fade, playback dynamics, and navigate with Heads Up Display
Serious Studio Integration
- Transfer audio and note data between Notion™ and Studio One® anywhere on your network
- ReWire support with real-time audio and MIDI transfers to a DAW
- Set music to film with advanced video capabilities
- Compose to picture with the video window
- Import video in a variety of formats: MP4, H.264, MPEG, MOV, AVI, M4V, and 3GP on Mac and Windows, plus WMV on Windows
- Native 64-bit support
- Retina (Mac) and High-DPI (Windows) support for high resolution displays
Deliver Professional Scores and Polished Performances
- Print entire scores, individual parts, or lead sheets with chords and lyrics
- Layout control tools: drag notes, measure lines, time signatures, and more, while avoiding accidental respacing
- Show/hide parts independently by system for maximum readability
- Import/export files to/from Finale® and Sibelius® via MusicXML or other apps via Standard MIDI
- Export scores as PDF files
- Export WAV or MP3 audio files
- One-click Bounce All export of individual staves or mixed buses.
For all new features, fixes and changes in Notion 6, click here.