Computer system requirements:
Below are the minimum computer-system requirements for Virtual StudioLive.
- Windows 7x 64/x86 SP1 or Windows 8/8.1 x64/x86 or Windows 10 x64/x86
- Intel® Core™ 2 processor (Intel® Core™ i3 processor or better recommended)
- 4 GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended)
- Mac® OS X 10.6.8 or later
- Intel Core Duo processor (Intel Core 2 Duo or Core i3 or better recommended)
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB or more recommended)
Windows and Mac Systems
- PreSonus Universal Control 1.5.3 or later
- IEEE 1394 FireWire 400 Port or Thunderbolt Port and Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter
- Internet connection recommended
- DVD-ROM drive
- Internal or external 7200 RPM storage drive highly recommended
- Monitor with 1024x768 resolution
The minimum system requirements may differ for DAWs other than Studio One. Please check the requirements for your DAW of choice with its manufacturer.
Note that the speed of your processor, amount of RAM and size and speed of your hard drive will greatly affect the overall performance of your recording system. Also, a more powerful system (faster processor with more RAM) will allow for lower latency (signal delay) than you might experience while monitoring audio or MIDI signals. Monitor resolution for both PC and Macintosh should be no lower than 1024x768 pixels.