We constantly strive to improve Studio One®. New 2.6.2, introduces support for Add-ons: program extensions, soundsets, plug-ins, and other assets exclusively for Studio One 2.6.2 and higher.
Also new in version 2.6.2:
- The most recent ten autosaves are archived into the Versions list automatically
- Autosave with Melodyne is much faster—a major performance improvement
- Improved window handling ("always on top") in both Windows and Mac OS X
Expand Studio One’s capabilities with Add-ons!
Add-ons are available for purchase directly from the PreSonus online store and are installed by dragging-and-dropping on the Studio One application icon or window. Three Add-ons for Studio One 2.6.2 are shipping simultaneously: Ampire XT Metal Pack Extension, Goldbaby Essentials Vintage Drum Machines, and MP3 Converter (for Studio One Artist).
The Ampire XT Metal Pack is an Extension for PreSonus’ Ampire XT Native Effects™ plug-in with six new roaring amp models and six new cajone-encrusted speaker-cabinet emulations designed to bleach the tats off metal guitarists. Adding to the lethal-weapon qualities of this Pack is a brand-new Metal Drumkit for the Impact virtual drum instrument.
New amp models:
- Metal Clean
- High Gain
- Angel Power
- Metal American
- Metal German
- Gain Horse
New speaker cabinets:
- 1x12 Metal British
- 2x12 Metal Custom
- 4x12 Metal American
- 4x12 Metal British
- 4x10 Metal German
- 4x12 Bass British
This demo song by the Brooklyn, New York, metal trio Tooms shows off the Ampire XT Metal Pack - check it out!
Goldbaby Essentials is an exclusive Soundset for PreSonus’ Impact virtual drum instrument that features a collection of 500 full-fat, analogue vintage analog and digital drum machine, and beatbox samples.
Designed by acclaimed producer and sound designer Goldbaby, the sounds in this set have been meticulously sampled at 24-bit, 44.1 kHz resolution; edited; and post-processed using analog open-reel and cassette tape machines for maximum saturated aural cholesterol.
Sampled drum machines include such legends as the TR-808, TR-909, MPC60, SP-1200, DMX, DR55, CR-78, and DDR-30.
Goldbaby Essentials comes with 32 ready-to-play Impact drum kit presets and 124 new Musicloops.
Here's an audio demo that shows off some of the sounds in the Goldbay Essentials Soundset:
Tired of being sneered at by friends who run Studio One Producer and Pro? Now you can encode MP3s directly from inside Artist! MP3 Converter is an extension that adds professional-quality (up to 320 kB/s) MP3 encoding and drag-and-drop MP3 decoding to Studio One Artist 2.6.2 and higher.
Version 2.6.2 also fixes a few issues. View a complete list of changes in version 2.6.2.
Here’s how to update your copy of Studio One 2.x to version 2.6.2.
New in Studio One 2.6
The most recent major Studio One update was version 2.6, which added some extremely cool features, including three major additions you’ll really like. Click here to see a video about version 2.6.
Enhanced Integration with StudioLive AI Mixers
Now you can import a Capture session complete with StudioLive AI-series mixer scene and play it back with a new Fat Channel plug-in.
Integrated Nimbit and SoundCloud Dashboards
Sharing, marketing, and selling your music just got a lot easier for Studio One users!
Enhanced Mackie Control and HUI Support
We beefed up Studio One's Mackie Control and HUI support, making using your controllers with Studio One easier than ever.
And Much More!
The metronome has lots of new and improved features, and we've enhanced Studio One's editing and MIDI capabilities. And of course, we've further improved workflow—as we always do!
All StudioLive™-series mixers come with Capture™, a basic recording application based on the same audio engine as Studio One. The newly updated Capture 2.1 (yes, we improved Capture, too!) lets you store a full StudioLive AI-series mixer scene within Capture sessions, including fader, pan, mute, and Fat Channel settings.
Studio One has always been able to open a Capture session seamlessly, of course, and version 2.6 can now open a session complete with the associated StudioLive AI-series mixer scene.
Once you've imported a Capture session that includes a StudioLive AI-series mixer scene into Studio One, you can play the tracks back using Studio One 2.6's new Fat Channel plug-in. It doesn't just sound like a Fat Channel, it is a Fat Channel. So now you can hear a Capture session in Studio One exactly as it sounded when played back through the StudioLive.
Furthermore, you can swap Fat Channel presets between your StudioLive and the plug-in—create your processing in either place, and use it in both!
In fact, you can apply the Fat Channel plug-in to your Studio One tracks even if you don’t have a StudioLive. Studio One’s Fat Channel is a very cool multipurpose channel strip plug-in in its own right.
Studio One's Nimbit® integration makes it possible for you to upload your mixes and projects from Studio One directly to the leading musicians’ services site for immediate promotion and sale. We made it easy to use from the beginning.
But we weren’t satisfied with “easy to use.” So we made the Nimbit connection even easier to use by adding a Nimbit Dashboard to Studio One's Start page. The Dashboard provides access to your up-to-date Nimbit user-account statistics (number of fans, active promotions, and sales), updated in real time. In addition, you will receive help messages on how to engage with fans and customers and boost sales.
The SoundCloud Dashboard on the Start page displays key stats from your SoundCloud account, along with a scrolling display of the SoundCloud activity stream.
Marketing and selling your music just took another step forward.
One of Studio One's strengths is the ease and completeness with which it integrates external devices, whether musical controllers, sound modules, signal processors, or control surfaces. Using control surfaces that employ the Mackie Control or HUI protocol was always a snap in Studio One. In version 2.6, we beefed up Studio One's Mackie Control and HUI support, making using your controllers with Studio One easier than ever. New features include Send slot navigation, Sends support, Control Link mapping, momentary Mute/Solo, Track Edit mode, FX Bypass Mode (EQ Button), and more.
The Big Six in 2.6
StudioLive/Capture mix scene import*
- When a Capture 2.1 session is opened in Studio One 2.6, and a StudioLive AI-series mix scene is present, all the fader, pan, mute and Fat Channel settings for each track are automatically imported
Native Fat Channel plug-in*
- A new Fat Channel plug-in has been added, which is a native version of the StudioLive AI-series mixer Fat Channel. Fat Channel presets are compatible with their DSP counterparts and can be exported from Studio One to the StudioLive AI mixer via Universal Control.
Nimbit dashboard on Start page*
- The Nimbit dashboard on the Start page provides access to up-to-date Nimbit user account statistics (number of fans, number of active promotions, and sales) directly from Studio One. In addition, the user receives help messages on how to engage with fans and customers and boost sales.
SoundCloud dashboard on Start page*
- The SoundCloud dashboard on the Start page displays key statistics from a user's SoundCloud account, as well as a scrolling display of the SoundCloud activity stream.
Extended hardware controller support
- Extended Mackie Control / HUI integration includes Send slot navigation, Sends support, Control Link mapping, momentary Mute/Solo, Track Edit mode, FX Bypass mode (EQ Button), add insert/send/instrument, plug-in/instrument list and preset list navigation, and more.
- SSL Nucleus integration uses Mackie Control protocol. SSL Nucleus has a Studio One template with additional settings and assignments.
- Option to record with a precount click.
- Visual numerical count-in when you hit the Record button.
- Half-beat offset click with adjustable volume and click sample.
- Repeat Accent: Repeats accent on time signatures with a third counter.
- Added eight new metronome click samples.
- Add custom click samples, with drag-and-drop and menu options.
- Audio track with rendered click sound.
- Click Presets: All metronome settings, including click sounds, can be saved as a preset.
* Not available in Studio One Free.
And much more!
Project Page/CD Burning (Studio One Professional only)
- CD time display shows the current CD length of your project.
- Improved ISRC text input: Characters are now converted to upper case; invalid or missing characters are replaced by zero (0).
- Transport bar shows relative song position.
- Keeps the spacebar focus on Studio One when a plug-in window is open. This allows transport Start/Stop control, even when plug-in window is in focus.
- When the user declines to load a found Auto-Save file, the action is now always copied to the history, without asking "Do you want to keep the backup as a version?"
- When choosing "Upload to Nimbit" as a publishing option, the format is automatically set to "Wave File."
- Use aftertouch for note-repeat velocity: Allows the creation of velocity ramps when using note repeat for recording (e.g., for drums).
- MIDI options: pitch filter globally filters Pitch Bend information from MIDI input.
- 384 kHz recordings can now be exported if the format supports it (currently WAV/AIFF/FLAC only).
- Better handling of floating windows when switching applications. (Mac OS X)
- New "Bounce to New Track" function generates a new audio track with merged audio and rendered insert effects. Default key command: Command+Alt+B.
- Event FX are now applied to all selected events.
- CC11 (Expression) resets to 100. Improved Expression controller reset behavior. Expression behaves like volume.
- "Layer follows Events" option now defaults to “On.” Frequently requested by users.
- Channel Editor remembers and uses the most recently opened device for:
- Command "Show Channel Editor" (F11)
- Option "Device Editor follows Channel Selection."
- Drag-and-drop for FX Chains to Send slots. Once an FX Channel is created, the FX chain name is used as the channel name.
- Grouping improvements:
- Removing a track from a group deselects the track.
- Dissolving a group deselects all but the first tracks of the group.
- A new Link button has been added to the Strip Silence panel, allowing the user to link the fade-in and fade-out times to Pre-Roll and Post-Roll.
- Improved merging of instrument parts. After merging instrument parts, the newly created event is selected.
- Option to remove stretching from a part. When slicing an audio event into a part (Audio Bend Panel, Action: Slice with option Merge), the "Stretch events" property of the resulting part is now always unchecked, so that the slices in the part are not stretched.
- "Select from Start to Event" - "Select from Event to End" options added to Edit menu. Key commands: Shift+End, Shift+Start.
- New options in instrument editor for painting notes with user-definable length, independent from the grid.
- Enhanced tempo resolution. Song tempo and tempo changes are now accurate to 1/10,000th of a beat.
- Improved MIDI timing when looping back MIDI data from plug-ins or instruments. Improves timing behavior of instruments or plug-ins with MIDI apreggiators or step sequencers.
- Adjustable rate for MIDI controller automation. External MIDI devices now have an adjustable MIDI CC transmit rate (range: 10-100 ms). A slider has been added to the device edit panel. Default is 10 ms (fast).
- Dynamic resizing of Start page items. Specific items on the Start page are automatically resized if sufficient screen space is available.
- Time display offset for frames. Allows for frame-accurate display offsets in the ruler and time display.
- The Performance Monitor window now displays plug-ins and instruments with their correct on/off state. Double click opens the device.